When you choose Gator Base, you’ll work less and save money!
The latest innovation in base technology, Gator Base will save you at least 20% in time, labour and money when installing concrete pavers, natural stones or porcelain tiles.
Equivalent to a traditional granular base under dynamic loads, Gator Base offers more convenience, greater savings and you’ll get your project completed much more quickly.
Gator Base’s interlocking panels widely distribute all loads, essentially eliminating any pressure on the ground underneath.
The Gator Base system offers better frost protection than the usual 6-inch base of stone. One Gator Base has a thermal protection equivalent of 18’’ of compacted stone. Forget about excavation and filling with crushed stone. Gator Base makes it easy, economical and fast.
The Old Way
When You Use Gator Base
|Six inches of excavation||Unnecessary|
|Six inches of crushed stone||No crushed stone required|
|Delivery expenses||Carry it home in one hand|
|Equipment rental||Minimal equipment required|
|Hours of work||Job completed 20% faster|
The Benefits of Gator Base:
- You’ll experience less property destruction throughout the installation phase
- Decreased chance of paver movement
- Ideal for areas that are difficult to access and in zones with minimal storage options
- Constructed of extremely durable engineered material, Gator Base is built to last forever. It will not degrade in the ground and is 100% recyclable
- Complete your project at least 20% faster than when using traditional methods
- Earn savings in your cost of labour and disposal of materials
- Gator Base panels are interlocking, offering better load transfer
- Lateral movement of pavers is prevented by edge restraints that are directly fastened to the Gator Base, using Gator Base Screws
- Gator Base is resistant to rain showers and offers better freeze & thaw protection
How the Gator Base system is so effective
The interlocking Gator Base panels distribute dynamic loads across a broad area, essentially eliminating any ground pressure. This amazing load distribution capability means that there is no longer any need to lay 6-inches (15 cm) of crushed stone underneath. Gator Base can support a dynamic load of up to 8 PSI (pounds per square inch) or 1152 pounds on a 12-inch by 12-inch section.
Acting as a thermal blanket, the Gator Base panels have an R-Value of 3.6 (per inch thickness), which is the equivalent of 18-inches of crushed stone. This reduces the number of freeze and thaw cycles significantly.
Gator Base panels are built to last and are environmentally friendly too. Constructed of 100% recyclable, lightweight high-density polypropylene, they are extremely durable. Gator Base panels will not degrade in the soil or leach chemicals for over 100 years.
Evacuation channels are engineered into the panels to return water to the native soil. Water is pulled out along a 1-degree slope, through drainage holes incorporated into the panels. Better water drainage prevents frost from heaving the ground under your project.
At Stone Deck Innovations, we only source quality products that are backed by a manufacturer’s warranty, like; SilcaGrate, Paverdeck Plank, Paverdeck, Bison pedestals, Eterno Ivica pedestals, Silca SoilGrid, Gator Base, Kronos porcelain pavers, and Del Conca tiles. Plus, a wide range of accessories to support our quality brands. Whether you are a contractor or a homeowner, we pledge to do what it takes to make sure you are completely satisfied with our products and services.